[Erlug] Re: configurare una seriale

To: erlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Erlug] Re: configurare una seriale
From: "iw4blg" <iw4blg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 21:17:56 +0200
Davide Bolcioni wrote:
> iw4blg <iw4blg@xxxxxxxxxx> scrisse:
>
> nel senso che c'è documentazione e drivers da scaricare. Non avendo
> scaricato nè
> l'una nè gli altri, faccio tuttavia notare che il tutto a me dà
> l'impressione di
> un dispositivo destinato non a un'utente finale ma a un OEM (io ad
> esempio
> lavoro con le schede Synclink, e fino a quando i moduli non sono
> entrati nel
> kernel ufficiale si andava con i loro driver proprietari, mi sembra
> che il caso
> sia analogo).
> .

Ieri sera ho scritto a Shentek, il produttore della card. Stamattina
avevo già la risposta con il "driver" e le istruzioni.
Peccato però... che sia incapace di arrivare in fondo... e mi spiego...
Come spiegato nella mail, ho verificato che nel kernel fosse già
compreso fisso il driver per la uart 16550.
Allora, devo applicare la patch che mi hanno mandato. (di fatto aggiunge
anche la loro scheda alle opzioni)
Metto il file dove dicono (credo) e lancio il comando "patch"... ma...
-. ecco l'output:
pierluigi@salaradio2:/usr/src/linux-
headers-2.6.32-24-generic/drivers/serial$ sudo patch -p0 <
expresso_linux2.6_uart
patching file tainted_8250_pci.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 903.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 967.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 1085.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 1401.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 1576.
Hunk #6 FAILED at 1584.
Hunk #7 FAILED at 2052.
7 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file tainted_8250_pci.c.rej

queste invece le istruzioni originali:
ow to apply the serial device driver patch:-

If the user plans on building the serial driver as part of the Linux
kernel

(i.e. not as a kernel loadable module) then you will have to apply the
patch to

the serial driver code within the Linux source code directory.

If the user would like to build the serial driver as a kernel loadable
module

then the user can take a copy of the serial device driver source code
from

within the Linux kernel source code, copy this driver source to a
working

directory such as one's home directory, and then patch this copy of the
driver.

The advantage of working on a copy is that the user will still have a
clean copy

of the kernel source just in case.

The Linux serial device driver is located at:

~> /usr/src/linux-2.6/drivers/serial

To apply the patch:

 - Paste the expresso_linux2.6_uart patch file into the serial folder.

 - Open a terminal and navigate to the serial folder.

 - To apply the patch, enter the following command:

    ~> patch -p0 < expresso_linux2.6_uart

The patch will add code to the file "8250_pci.c". It is a simple patch
that

basically adds baud_base and base address information for the Expresso
devices

and adds a small routine to check the number of UART ports available on
the

device. Because the "8250_pci.c" can be updated at any time by the
community,

the patch may fail. If this happens the user is encouraged to take a
look at

the contents of the patch and try adding this manually.

To build the patched serial device driver into the kernel the user will
now

simply have to follow the usual build steps as described above.

Dove sto sbagliando???
help pse....
Salut, Pierluigi