Re: [Erlug] Xine e aalib

To: erlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Erlug] Xine e aalib
From: Maurizio Lemmo - Tannoiser <tannoiser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 13:39:31 +0100
* sabato 06 novembre 2004, alle 01:13, Andrea Lusuardi - UoVoBW scrive:
> non è che sapete come si fa a far mangiare a xine il plugin aalib?
> aalib è installato, xine funziona, ma anche se metto nelle preferenze
> video come driver "aa" il filmato rimane in versione normale!

Siamo a livello di rtfm, eh.

mizio@hal:~$ apt-cache show xine-ui | tail -18
 This is an X11 based GUI for the libxine video player library.
 It provides xine, a skin based media player that can play all the
 audio/video formats that libxine supports. Currently, this includes
MPEG1/2,
 some AVI and Quicktime files, some network streaming methods and disc
based
 media (VCD, SVCD, DVD). A more complete list can be found on
 http://xine.sf.net/.
 .
 This package contains an additional front end, aaxine, which runs even
on the
 console. aaxine uses aalib to render ASCII art video, or you can tell
it to
 use a framebuffer device. This is more a proof of concept, but you can
use it
 to watch DVDs on your old vt100 terminal, of course. ;-)
 .
 Most DVDs on the market today are play-protected by the Content
Scrambling
 System (CSS). Xine does not provide any code to descramble those DVDs,
 because of legal uncertainties. Have a look at
 /usr/share/doc/xine-ui/README.Debian for more information!

--
                          Maurizio - Tannoiser - Lemmo
                 Founder Member of ERLUG http://erlug.linux.it