[Erlug] HP C4736-60101 wheel mouse

To: erlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Erlug] HP C4736-60101 wheel mouse
From: Vladimir Nicola Chersi <vladimir.nicola@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 19:44:22 +0100
Hi

Some time ago I saw my mouse in your mouse-page marked as "wheel not
supported".
Actually that page is not
accessible.(http://koala.ilog.fr/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/)

I finally got the wheel working, with the mouse in subject, also using
gpm.

Installing Mandrake linux 8.0 I saw the wheel working, mut mandrake
doesn't install gpm.

To get it working with gpm you have to specify in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 the
"SendCoreEvents" option, the protocol is ImPS2, and the device is
/dev/gpmdata. (Other configurations as for all other wheel mouses.)

In gpm I use the same protocol (imps2), and raw repeater mode.

If you need more details about my configuration you can write me.

--
Ahhhhhh... the smell of cuprinol and mahogany.  It excites me to...
acts of passion... acts of... ineptitude.

Bye by Vlad/Nick