Re: [Erlug] L'idiozia non ha confini

To: erlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Erlug] L'idiozia non ha confini
From: Pier Luigi Fiorini <plfiorini@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22 Aug 2002 18:42:33 +0200
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-os/2002-August/msg00002.html
> >

> letto velocemente, tuttavia alcuni punti sono interessanti e andrebbero
> analizzati in modo profondo.

Riporto quello che non mi piace:

"Should _real_ local installs be encouraged (i dont mean /usr/local)?
so far in the unix world, the programs are split into many
directories. I dont see this as a problem, but for the regular
user who likes to browse the net, find a program and download it..
this is impossible.

Is it feasible to do something like:

[CUT]

/home/joe/applications/sylpheed-0.5.0/lib/blahblah
/home/joe/applications/sylpheed-0.5.0/bin/blahblah
/home/joe/applications/sylpheed-0.5.0/src/sources of the program go
here
/home/joe/applications/sylpheed-0.5.0/doc documentation goes here

And then, the contents of lib and bin on this directory are symlinked
to, for example

/home/joe/bin
/home/joe/lib"

"-Unix stuff that should die:
-----------------------------

For a desktop oriented OS.. I think some things in unix/posix/linux
distros are far too complex and unnecesary.
Should all the runlevel stuff be taken out?
Should all those /var/log entries dissapear, or just be adapted to an
easier-for-the-user
to read or easier to open from some graphical interface?"

Questo è apocalittico....

Quello che vogliono fare è realizzare un fork di Linux e chiamarlo Linux
e sopratutto Debian-based.

PS: de Icaza non c'entra una mazza...