[Erlug] Fwd: GRASS CONFERENCE 2002

To: erlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Erlug] Fwd: GRASS CONFERENCE 2002
From: Daniele Medri <madrid@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:33:13 +0100
per conoscenza...

----------  Messaggio inoltrato  ----------

Subject: GRASS CONFERENCE 2002
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:10:11 +0100
From: orikata <grass2002@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: orikata@xxxxxxxxxx

We present the preliminary program of the international conference
"Open source GIS - GRASS users conference 2002", that will take place
in Trento - ITALY, 11-13 September 2002.

This conference has been organized after the success of the "Meeting
of the GRASS Italian Users" held in Trento in February 2001 and it is
the result of the joint effort of many GRASS developers and users all
over the world to foster closer relations and provide opportunities
for greater interactions among the open GIS and GRASS communities.

The meeting will cover all the aspects of open source GISs, with a
special focus on GRASS. The aim of the conference is twofold: the
exchange of experiences between Open GIS and GRASS users and
developers and the possibility for the potential users to access
first-hand information and GRASS capability demonstration, especially
for users from developing countries.
Their peculiar license scheme, free availability, high efficiency and
low management costs make the open source software systems
particularly suitable as support for technology transfer to the
developing countries and to the academic spin-offs.

The conference is organized by the Department of Civil and
Environmental Engineering of the University of Trento with the help
of an Organizing Committee including some of the most prominent
GIS/GRASS experts around the world.

People from all over the world have already expressed their intention
to participate. The conference has received the sponsorship from
UNIDO (United Nation Industrial Development Organization) and Local
branch of ISF (Ingegneria Senza Frontiere - Ingénieurs sans
Frontières - Engineers Without Borders).

We are still looking for sponsor for travel grants to allow people
from the disadvantaged countries to participate and we hope we can
count on your cooperation to spread the announcement both for the
scientific interest and for the sponsor search. Obviously, if you
think you are directly interested in the sponsoring of the conference
please contact us.

Our organising secretariat is at your disposal for any kind of
information. We can offer specific presentation spaces and stands can
be arranged both for commercial and for no-profit organizations. We
hope that the cooperative inspiration of the open source movements
will provide a significant contribution to the Trento conference and
we thank you in advance for your attention.
Best regards,

B.Benciolini, M.Ciolli, P.Zatelli
Local Organizing Committee
Open source GIS - GRASS users conference 2002
E-mail:grass2002@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.ing.unitn.it/~grass/
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and
CUDAM, Center of advanced studies of hydrogeological risks in mountain areas
University of Trento
via Mesiano, 77
38100 Trento
ITALY

Organising secretariat:
OriKata organizzazione congressi
Cognola di Trento
http://www.orikata.it/

--
OriKata organizzazione congressi
Via Zell 1

www.orikata.it
www.orikata.com

Daniele Medri - http://www.linux.it/~madrid/
fingerprint: 5E13 8A5F 9FE3 6857 BF6B  9EE7 1693 81ED 211F C4C1
"Per molti il giudizio e' un dente da estrarre"