[Erlug] su active directory e dns server --da msdn.microsoft.com--

To: erlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Erlug] su active directory e dns server --da msdn.microsoft.com--
From: Gianni Rondinini <bugbarbeq@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 21:19:30 +0100
ciao a tutti.
sto raccogliendo del materiale per la mia tesi e, sfogliando msdn
online --il mio abbonamento e' terminato qualche tempo fa e non ho
piu' soldi da spendere per msdn...-- mi sono imbattuto in un articolo
interessante su active directory.
non ho capito un gran che' di ad perche' ho letto velocemente --e non
mi interessa--, ma vi riporto un breve passaggio che mi e' piaciuto
assai:

+++
Choosing a DNS Server
Don't assume that you'd be foolish to host your AD on a BIND (or
Lucent Technologies' Lucent QIP or other third-party) DNS server. BIND
is quite capable of working with AD--and has been since Win2K's
inception.

To convince myself that AD and BIND get along, I spent a Saturday last
year blowing up my existing three-domain AD forest and rebuilding it
without using Microsoft DNS servers. Instead, I used MandrakeSoft's
Linux-Mandrake 7.1 and the version of BIND available at the time. In
addition to going smoothly, the process of building the AD forest
seemed to go a bit faster than it did with a Win2K-based DNS server. I
used the BIND-based DNS structure to support my AD for several months
thereafter, and during that time I didn't hit a single snag.

--tratto da windows 2000 magazine, july 2001

saluti.
--
    Gianni "bugbarbeq" Rondinini, 26+15, RA, 193, 152
  VBR - Vero Birro Romagnolo®, diffidate dalle imitazioni!