[Erlug] [davide@xxxxxxxx: Linux compie dieci anni!]

To: erlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Erlug] [davide@xxxxxxxx: Linux compie dieci anni!]
From: Maurizio Lemmo - Tannoiser <tann@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 11:35:14 +0200
Commovente.
:-)

----- Forwarded message from Davide Cerri <davide@xxxxxxxx> -----

Subject: Linux compie dieci anni!
From: Davide Cerri <davide@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 12:27:04 +0200
To: lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Linus Benedict Torvalds)
Newsgroups: comp.os.minix
Subject: What would you like to see most in minix?
Date: 25 Aug 91 20:57:08 GMT

Hello everybody out there using minix -
I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and
professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones. This has been brewing
since april, and is starting to get ready. I'd like any feedback on
things people like/dislike in minix, as my OS resembles it somewhat
(same physical layout of the file-system (due to practical reasons)
among other things).
I've currently ported bash(1.08) and gcc(1.40), and things seem to work.
This implies that I'll get something practical within a few months, and
I'd like to know what features most people would want. Any suggestions
are welcome, but I won't promise I'll implement them :-)
Linus (torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
PS. Yes - it's free of any minix code, and it has a multi-threaded fs.
It is NOT protable (uses 386 task switching etc), and it probably never
will support anything other than AT-harddisks, as that's all I have :-(.

Questo anniversario è un po' anche nostro, direi: auguri a tutti!

Ciao,
Davide

--
Davide Cerri - davide at linux dot it
http://www.linux.it/~davide

----- End forwarded message -----

--
If the automobile had followed the same development as the computer a
Rolls Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon and

Maurizio - Tannoiser - Lemmo
STIGE Srl Servizi Informatici
Founder Member of ERLUG (Emilia Romagna Linux User Group)
http://erlug.linux.it